Friday, July 18, 2014

How much does it take?


OK, so we have a offer on the house. We're moving forward as if we will close the deal on August 22nd. As planned. Because the glass is half full as my wife Barb tells me. But isn't it half empty also? Oh well, not starting that discussion again.

Barb retires in November and I stop working about that same time so we will be staying where we are until then. We need to sell the house before buying a 5th. Wheel to live in. Our plan is to stay in a Extended Stay Hotel for about one month so we can buy and have it moved to a campsite (no we don't have a truck yet). So this past week we started looking for one to stay in. SHOCKED at the prices is all I can say, but still cheaper then paying a mortgage, water, sewer, and electric. Oh but don't forget the $150.00 per week for our little 8 pound dog. $150.00, are you kidding me? That is if they even allow pets to begin with.

Let me say a little about monthly campsite fees. Holy Cow. Full hookup back in site with sewer, water, and electric $640.00 a month. But get this, you can only stay one month. Why? Because it sits on a lake controlled by the Corp of Engineers and they say one month in and at least one month out of the site. Also all campgrounds around the lake are the same because the Corp controls the lake.

Camping World has a book with just about everywhere to camp with cost. If you're old like me you remember the huge phone books that got dropped on your front porch. The ones that you could use as a booster seat. That's how big this camping book is. Hopefully we can find a spot a little less expensive. 

I've read hundreds of RV blogs and looked at about the same number of budgets on RV'ing. I'm not doing it yet but I believe the RV lifestyle is a lot less expensive then living in a non-moving house. I'm beginning to think getting there is a whole other story. Oh well, just one more hurdle to jump over on our way to a new lifestyle.




             Safe Travels And I hope To See You Down The Road




No comments:

Post a Comment