Friday, July 11, 2014

Don't get your hopes up


As you know Barb and I are planning to become fulltimers sometime this year. The house is on the market and we keep selling everything we think we won't or don't need. Well we made a trip to Florida to see family over the 4th. Of July weekend and of course stopped at a Camping World in Ocala to look around. 

We found a 2009 Heartland Big Country 5th Wheel on the lot that we really liked that seemed to be in really good shape for a five year old RV. We left there and looked at a few other RV lots. Nothing compared to the Big Country in cost and condition so we headed back to Camping World to take a more in-depth look and ask some questions.

Turns out this unit was there on consignment and had been there 60 days already. The original asking price was 37,999.00 marked down to 24,999.00. We offered 20,000.00 and told the salesperson not a penny more. Of course the owner could not be reached that weekend, and I can understand that. So we left town and told the sales guy to give us a call Monday.

The owner said he would take 21,000.00. I agreed as long as the owner agreed to repair or replace anything that was not working after a Camping World tech checked out the rig from top to bottom and front to back. I also emailed our sales guy Sunday afternoon telling him if there was any water damage at all the deal was off since we found some water staining right at the base of one of the slide-outs.  

Monday another guy from CW calls me and says CW or nobody for that matter would ever guarantee there was no water damage. I explained he needed to talk to my sales guy and have him explain to you what I said about water damage. He told me he was just trying to help. He said he would have a tech take a look at it and call me back.

About three hours later I get the call. Seems the entire slide out is water damaged and they estimate it will would cost about 8,000.00 to repair with no guarantee it would be right. Well long story short I said thanks but no thanks. I guess we will just keep looking.

As my mom likes to say “If its meant to be it will be”. I guess it wasn't meant to be, at least not on this Big Country. So we keep looking till we find the one that is right for us. And not get our hopes up again.

On a good note, We have a contract on the house.


       Safe Travels And I Hope To See You Down The Road

No comments:

Post a Comment