Thursday, January 16, 2014

It's gett'in real now


It's gett'in real now. Not that it wasn’t before but now it seems like its all starting to come together. For instance, I'm a member of Workamper News. An organization I think everybody thinking about becoming a fulltimer should join especially if you are going to be working on the road.

One of the many benefits of belonging to Workamper News is being able to make and post your Awesome Applicant Resume on line at Workamper.com. Barb and I don't plan on leaving until the end of the year but I had some time last week and decided to get started working on our resume.

After signing in the first part was pretty much fill in the blanks. Workamper really made it easy for anybody to place a resume out there. They asked for Preferred U.S. Work locations, Preferred Work Schedule, Preferred Salary & Benefits, Preferred Work Settings and Availability and Seasonal Preference. You can look at these headings and see fairly easily what they mean. The last one, Availability simply means when are you available to work. Well I put we are available to begin work after 01/01/2015. This is important to know. I found out each time you update or make a change to your resume that sends a note to every employer that uses Workamper News that there is a resume they might like to look at. I reviewed our resume and was felling pretty good about how it looked so I submitted it about 11:00am. By 3:00pm I had received 4 e-mails letting me know that our resume had been looked at by prospective employers.

Barb got home about 3:30pm and I was explaining what had happened today and that 4 employers had looked us up. As I was explaining this my phone rang, I didn't recognize the number it just said Texas. I thought there's NO WAY somebody was calling us already. Needless to say I almost fell out of my chair, here was somebody calling to offer us a job this summer. I explained our availability date was January, 2015. She said I'm sorry I didn't see that until just now.

Needless to say we exchanged information and I promised to stay in touch throughout the year. She gave me her name, number, e-mail, and website. To say the least we will at least be in touch with her. I guess what I'm trying to say is if working is going to be a part of your fulltime lifestyle Workamper News is definitely worth the cost to join.

Workamper News has a forum that is helpful. It seems the people on this forum has BEEN THERE, DONE THAT and can help with any type of question or problem you are having. I've not spoke to anybody at Workamper News but I have sent 2 e-mails to Jody Anderson Duquette who is the Designer/Editor and she has responded back to me within a days time both times.

There are all kinds of groups and clubs out there you can join to enhance your RV'ing life, but I have to say Worker News should be one of the first.

I have to say I don't get paid from Workamper News or receive any benefit from them. I'm just a very satisfied customer.

Safe Travels and I'll see ya down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment