Thursday, January 9, 2014

Get Busy


So its winter time here in North Georgia and everywhere else, even Florida is having a touch of the cold. It has been about two months since our last garage sale. I'm feeling a little lost right now. Seems like I should be purging a closet or some corner of the house right about now.


I'm not in full blown getting prepared to go full time RV'ing but I NEED to be doing something. There's still all kinds of things that need to be done. Repairs to the house seems to be at the top of the list. Now I'm not talking about anything major, just some small things like replace the storm door, paint a few rooms, you know things that will help sell the house. Of course Curb Appeal will have to wait till spring gets here.


I'm still researching different types of RV's we might want to buy. I need to start looking at used rigs and trucks. We still can't seem to find a floor plan we like. All I know at this time is a Casita camper is out of the question, that is if I want Barb with me, and yes she will be with me. If we can ever agree on what she is willing to live in and I can find one in our price range. That's a battle for another day.


But getting back to getting prepared, It's really tough to stay motivated when the temperature dips down into the low 30's. We've already given away all the stuff to the kids this past month so at least that's done. Still a lot of stuff to be thrown out. I have come across a few sites on Facebook that seem to be interesting. They are community yard/garage sales. You place a picture of the item you want to sell along with a price and short description on the wall and wait till somebody see's it and says I want to buy this or will you negotiate on the price. I've had a little luck with this type of selling so at least I'm back in the game of trying to lighten the load a little around here.


Another thing to think about (LIKE I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TO THINK ABOUT ALREADY). How will I make a living while on the road to who knows where? Of course we can park the rig someplace and work regular jobs, but that's not what Barb or I have in mind about this lifestyle. I also don't think MLM's are my cup of tea. I don't like having to convince 6 or 12 other people to sell and get 6 or 12 others to do the same. I'd rather not have to depend on others to earn my paycheck. Starting a business either on line or out of the rig has a few possibilities that I'm liking. At least you have some deductions at tax time if needed. We might possibly find ourself at a flea market or craft shows earning a living. Remember, this lifestyle is about change not becoming a millionaire. For most of us that ship has sailed long ago. Now, for me it's about enjoying the rest of my life seeing the sights and meeting others with the same goals as Barb and I have


I believe changing our lifestyle IS what this lifestyle is about. Living greener, leaving a smaller footprint on our planet, just becoming more frugal is what I'm looking for. Eating better and cheaper not only will lower our cost but hopefully will make us healthier in the long run. So I guess it's about time to get back to purging this house and selling a few things on line so we can get on the road soon.

Until later.

T.T.F.N.

P.S. If you happen to find yourself on ebay, take a look at some of my auctions. Better yet bid on some of them so We can get on the road as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment