Sunday, August 4, 2013

Health Insurance, Prescriptions, and Over the Counter Drugs

Health Insurance           

    These budget items are so far out there in space there is no way for anybody to accurately give advice on. So let me just say this.

   Until the new health care plan is put into effect or some version of it it will be hard to figure any type of budget cost. You can go on line and get some quotes from different companies and then ballpark a cost for you and your family.

    That is if you aren't over 65 and on medicare or you will not be covered by a company plan. I've seen some fulltimers that carry a catastrophic policy only and cover everything else out of pocket. I think the #1 reason for getting in shape and staying in good health. So take your vitamins and save some money along the way.

Prescriptions

    Again this is different for everybody. Another great reason for getting in shape and eating healthy. If I can lower my blood pressure and keep it down, on my budget I'll save almost $400.00 per year. I'm sure I can find something to spend that on.

OTC Drugs

    Its a fact of life as you get older you find you have more aches and pains on a daily basis. So depending on how many pills you take each day will depend on this budget item. Arthritis rubs, aspirin, vitamins and any others will all add to the budget.

   The bottom line here is: There's just no way to accurately budget for these line items. All you can expect to do at this point is to ballpark your figures and make adjustments as needed each month.



No comments:

Post a Comment