Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Texas means Barbecue

Texas means Barbecue

We're sitting here in Texas waiting for our workamping job to begin the first of March. Not much going on just settling into our new 5th. Wheel. That in itself is a fulltime job. Anyway, I got up this morning and while having my coffee I thought Hey we're in Texas, we need to have some BBQ.

So I get online and start searching for BBQ places here in Tomball, TX. After reading reviews I decide we will try out The Original Rib Tickler. No its not a comedy club, its a little place that holds maybe 50 people at a time. I know it was only the first place we went to so far but It had the best BBQ I have ever had. I think they could smoke a roll of paper towels and it would be tasty, not to mention finger licking awesome.

They had smoked beef, sausage, chicken, and pulled pork. I think they would smoke about any meat there is. Barb had a pulled pork sandwich on a bun bigger than my out stretched hand. It had to have had a quarter lb. of pork on it and some potato salad. I on the other hand had the beef brisket dinner. This consisted of a plate full of beef thinly sliced and smothered in a tangy sauce. I don't believe you can order BBQ without having a side of baked beans. They were just as good as the beef, and as anybody that knows me knows if they have mac-n-cheese. I'm going to have some. It was fantastic along with everything else.

AT the end of the serving line was a stack of napkins that were very much needed along with a big basket of the ever popular Wet Naps. Needless to say the Rib Tickler was the first of many (I hope) BBQ places we will be trying while we're here in Texas. As we stumble on to other barbecue joints I'll be sure to let you know about them. The Original Rib Tickler is located at 28930 St. Rd. 249 in Tomball, TX.



No comments:

Post a Comment