Sunday, February 15, 2015

Happily Homeless

As I sit here writing this post we are at 6 days to go until we begin our fulltime life. I quit my job on Wednesday the 11th. And closed on the house Thursday the 12th. We moved into a extended stay hotel to wait for Southern RV to call and say our new Keystone Sprinter 269RLS has been delivered and checked out.
We've kept busy taking care of the boring things that have to be taken care of. BIG Tip #1, Set up your mail forwarding service a couple of months in advance. You don't actually start receiving mail there until you notify everybody. But get this done soon just in case there are any problems. We also bought roadside assistance and joined the Good Sam Club.
Big Tip #2, When shopping at Camping World be prepared to be bombarded with Can I sell you this and Can I sell you that. They have a quota to meet and they are ruthless. I've also heard you can expect to receive all kinds of worthless mail. So keep that in mind when you are setting up your mail forwarding service.
We decided to sell Barb's car instead of keeping it. Didn't want the extra cost of insurance and tags plus having to transfer the title. Don't forget to cancel the car insurance. I've been getting quotes for RV insurance for two weeks now and have decided on Blue Sky. I feel we got a real good deal, just got to make the call Monday and get that set up.
Big Tip #3, And I guess its to late now anyway but lets talk about health insurance. I waited until one day before the deadline for the Affordable Care Act (Obama Care). I guess I shouldn't have expected anybody to answer the phone after waiting an hour on hold. I finally got us set up with a HMO policy from BCBSTX. But I figured we're going to be working in Texas for eight months that will give us a chance to find a good affordable PPO somewhere. So for the time being I'm satisfied with the policy.
As I said at the start of this post we are 6 days away from starting our new adventure and I feel like a child just before Christmas who can't get to sleep because I might miss Santa Claus.


Safe Travels and I Hope to See You Down the Road

No comments:

Post a Comment