Thursday, May 8, 2014

One big step forward.

Its OFFICAL, the house is up for sale.
  One more step forward in our quest to get on the road fulltiming before the year is gone. It has been a wild ride just getting to this point. So many decisions still to make but I'm thinking most of them will take care of themselves when the time comes.

I think my brain may turn to mush before we get there. We're still discussing (debating) actually what type of RV we want to get. Looks like it will be a 5th. Wheel, at least we can agree on that. 

Anyway, we continue to purge and sell off everything we own. It seems like a juggling act trying to figure out when is the right time to sell the dining room set. We've already sold the kitchen table so do we keep it till the very end or eat in front of the television. Then there's the living room furniture, I guess we could set on the camping chairs the kids got us last year. That could be a little uncomfortable for who knows how long as we wait for the house to sell.

I won't sell our bedroom set or at least the bed until the very end because I WILL NOT sleep on the floor if at all possible. Of course we do have a air mattress (from our tent camping days) so maybe it could go after all.

Talking about stuff I won't sell, let's talk about tools. Now I don't claim to be a master mechanic but going on the road means taking care of a lot of fixes and repairs to save a little money. I've read a bunch of articles about what some guys refuse to leave behind. The main concern seems to be how much all those tools weigh. I've not weighed my tools yet but I think I might be a little overweight. Actually I think they are way over weight. That's a purge I'll have to deal with at a later date. I hope I'm not trying to hang on to them for no reason. After all I'm not Tim the ToolMan Taylor.


                          Safe Travels and I Hope to See You Down the Road.





No comments:

Post a Comment