Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Rambling's of a Dreamer & HAPPY NEW YEAR


HAPPY NEW YEAR

Well its finally here the end of another year has just wrapped up. Goodbye 2013 and Welcome 2014. This is our departure year, the year we will hit the road as full time RV'ers. As long as everything goes according to plan. But you know what they say about plans. You plan, God laughs.

We hope to be laughing as we drive away from our sticks and bricks house around November. Still have a lot to do before that happens. We continue to clear the house of years of accumulation, I sometimes stop and wonder where it all came from. For example I found a metal box in the spare bedroom. It had a number 3 on the cover and checkerboard trim around it. After opening it I found a lock back knife inside. It had the Dale Earnhardt #3 and finish line checkered flag on the handle. I don't even like Nascar. So where did this come from and how long have I had it. It even had a sticker on the box for $4.99, it was a cheap knife. But again WHY would I have it to begin with. A mystery I'll not spend anymore time on. It goes into the garage sale box for when spring get here.

 

I wrote recently about feeling I'm not getting anything done due to winter being here and not to many people have yard sales in the cold. I know we don't. I came across some groups on facebook, kind of online community yard sale pages. You join and post pictures of the item you want to sell and any description needed and wait for people to say they want the item. The three groups I joined are all local so you can agree to meet close by and exchange money for the item sold. Not the answer to a house full of stuff to get rid of but if it gets a few things gone, so much the better.

One resolution I'm making this year is not to worry so much, but needing to earn an income while being on the road will be a thorn in my side until we actually get out there and find work. Barb doesn't think this will be a problem but as I keep telling her the glass is half empty. She on the other hand seems to see the glass as spilling all over the floor because its so full. I guess that makes us a good team, we can kind of rein each other in as needed. Although she seems to do most of the reining.

We are still debating over what floor plan we will want but I think that is a minor issue for now. For now we concentrate on emptying a full house, doing some minor upgrades and dreaming of the day we can jump off this hamster wheel.

I wish for all reading this your dreams come true, you too jump off your hamster wheel and lead the life you want, where you want to, and how you want. I can't wait to meet you out there on the road. Until that time comes, Safe Travels and HAPPY NEW YEAR




No comments:

Post a Comment