Thursday, December 5, 2013

Gumby and Pokey


As a kid I had a Gumby and Pokey set of figures. If you don't know or forgot who they were just Google them. Most people my age should know Gumby and Pokey. You could twist and bend them into just about any position you wanted to, after a while the wire inside them would poke out and fun time was over. That's OK they were cheap and could be bought anywhere.


My point here is as full time RV'ers you need to be flexible like our friends Gumby and Pokey. I have learned quite a bit about becoming a full time RV'er since I started doing my research. I don't know how much more I can learn without actually getting on the road and doing it. So some of the things I've learned so far are.

#1. Become Flexible. It's for your own good. Things are going to change often whether you like it or not. Go with the flow.

#2. Challenges are going to come up. Yes you can say they are problems instead, but problems are harder to deal with, besides who doesn’t like a good challenge now and then.

#3. Roll with the punches. That campground you were looking forward to staying at just booked the last site and you have to drive another 20 miles and pay a little more. Your blood pressure will think you.

#4. Always be Prepared. You just dumped your black tank and the valve broke off in your hand. No problem, you can replace it with the spare valve you carry with you. Just don't forget to stop at the next Camping World you come to so you can replace that spare valve.

#5. Yes, You can RV full time. If you can live in a permanent house you should be able to live in a home on wheels. Expenses will change, some will go away altogether and some will fall into a different category. I've learned most fulltimers have fewer bills. They no longer have homes to maintain, lawns to cut, utility bills are much lower and a whole lot more.  I think you get the general idea.
The bottom line is Be Flexible and get out there and enjoy life as best you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment