Thursday, September 5, 2013

Carpe Diem


carpe diem to seize the pleasures of the moment without concern for the future. n. Also known as Seize the Day


So what does any of this have to do with full time RV'ing? You ask. You need to seize each and every day. To move from just dreaming about becoming a full time RV'er to actually turning the key and driving off on your new and exciting lifestyle.

We (Barb and I) began exploring and researching this lifestyle back in January of this year. I continue to research as much about RV'ing as possible each day. I follow several different blogs and forums and learn something new almost daily.

We have visited several RV dealers and have pretty much decided on the rig we want, we've at least narrowed the choice down to three. For now anyway, I have no idea what Barb will see at the Good Sam Rally at the Atlanta Motor Speedway in October or The Atlanta RV and Camping show in January. Only time will tell and who knows maybe the list will increase by 1 or 2.

But back to Seizing the Day. I have subscribed to Trailer Life magazine and found it to be a wealth of information. I have bought many books about the lifestyle and how to make a living while living on the road. The best book I have read and would recommend to anybody that should ask is “Work your way across the USA-You can travel and earn a living too” by Nick Russell.

This is one way I'm Seizing the Day. Knowledge is getting me closer to my goal.

But Seizing the Day also means facing your fears about this full time lifestyle. What if the house doesn't sell for what I need it to? Will I really be able to support the both of us by workamping? And what about insurance? I can't even begin to answer any questions about insurance, who knows what it will be like when the new health care act starts.

Go back and read the first sentence again. One of the definitions says to seize the pleasures of the moment without concern for the future. Now I'm NOT saying not to think about the future, I'm saying let's get out there and see what we can do to shape our futures. Will everything fall into place. I doubt it, but I'm not going to just lay there an let life run me over. I'm going to get up and fight. And I'm going to SEIZE EVERY DAY that comes along. So to you I say

carpe diem

No comments:

Post a Comment