Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Eating an Elephant


GETTING STARTED

Where to start??? Now that's one heck of a question. There's so much to do and so many questions to ask. But just like eating an Elephant, you take one bite at a time



Step One-BOTH OF YOU COMMIT

As I said earlier my wife jumped in 100% and I'm at 100%, so that's 200% willing to do this Full Time adventure to see our great country. But you see that’s just the thing, if both of you aren't willing to commit to this way of life you are wasting your time. I can't imagine bopping down the road trying to enjoy the scenery and my partner is fuming, it just won't work.

After we committed we had to decide what kind of full timer we were going to be. Travel everywhere in this great land or Snowbird (North in Summer, South in Winter) Since neither of us is of retirement age yet and we have so much we want to see, we'll be traveling and Workamping across the USA.

You will need to start looking at RV's, lots of them, every kind. Class A's, Class C's, 5th. Wheels, Travel Trailers, OK look at Class B's, but I don't recommend them. That's just my opinion. They are just too small to full time in. Now when I say look at them, really look at them. Pretend you are living in it. Sit down at the dinette, kick your feet up in the recliner. Lie down on the bed, act like you are cooking dinner in the kitchen. Can you get into the shower without banging your head? That's what I mean by LOOK at the RV.  And look at dealers everywhere you can.  Now don't drive across country to look, but set a limit, say 150-200 miles from home.  Go looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment