Monday, July 15, 2013

A little about us

   My wife Barb and I have always liked to camp.  But as we get a little older each year the ground becomes a little harder.  So after having our tent blown over and having a pole snap in high winds last year in Tennessee I made the declaration I will never sleep on the ground again.  If we go camping ever again it would be in a camper.
   So began my research.
I started looking on the Internet for campers and soon found these blogs by people that actually live in them full time.  The more I looked the more I believed we could do that also. I watched YouTube video's by the hundreds, I read blogs, I found forums devoted to living full time in a camper.  Then in January the Atlanta camping and RV show came to town.  Up until now I had kept my full timing  dream quiet so as not to scare Barb with my crazy thoughts of living on the road.  She still thought I was looking for a weekend camper.
   Well was I ever surprised how quick she jumped on board after the RV show.  She was all in and wanted more information on how it would all work.  I was ready to jump in feet first, she on the other hand and more sensible of the two of us wanted more choices, options, and answers.
   So until we can take off on our full time adventure I will attempt to keep you informed of what we learn and decide as we continue our  DREAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment