Sunday, April 10, 2016

Udderly Ridiculous



A little background is needed to fully understand this. I have diabetes and when I get a cut or scrap it takes a long time for it to heal. In my current position at Yogi in the Smokies doing maintenance I'm constantly getting cut on my hands. One of the other workampers recommended Udder Cream. I'd never heard of this type of cream before. Ken explained it's purpose is to help reduce chaffing on cows from milking machines.

I was a little concerned if what he said was true or was I getting my leg pulled. He promised it was true and I could only get it at a farm supply store. Well it was our day off and we needed to go to Lowe's so why not stop at the farm supply store since it was on the way.

We stopped at the Bryson Farm Supply. Instantly I felt this was going to be a big mistake. Remember watching The Andy Griffith show set in Mayberry? Andy, Barney, and all the guys are standing around Floyd's barber shop just talking and a stranger walks in. That was me today. I being the stranger. Of course a guy walks out from behind the counter and says “Can I help you?” Having second thoughts about this being true I foolishly said I'm looking for udder cream.

He says Oh sure, right over here. Another guy in bibbed overalls says, He uses it on his cows all the time. I thought great, what am I in for. Another older man standing there wearing I'm sure a John Deere hat said its great for your hands and uses it to heal cuts. Boy did I feel better. And by the way there was a dog roaming around looking for treats and rubs on the head.

At least it all worked out. The cream does seems to work. So why can't you find udder cream at Walmart?
Our home for now

 On a better note, its beginning to warm up here and Barb picked up some flowers while we were at Lowe's. She put them in a travel trailer planter that we have next to our sign. After the last water line break the campground manager decided to buy me a new pair of boots. Barb not wanting to throw anything away put some flowers in them. At least we have a little splash of color around our site. And smooth hands.

         
         Safe Travels 






And I Hope To See You Down The Road





No comments:

Post a Comment