Sunday, April 12, 2015

Froggy

Since I'm in charge of the putt putt course here at Yogi Bear Jellystone Park. It was no big surprise to get a call on my radio to go to the first hole on the course to handle a problem. As I drove up I was greeted by four little kids and a teenager from the rental office.

As I was asking what's going on I noticed the maintenance supervisor standing about 30 yards away just laughing his butt off. I instantly knew I was in trouble since practical jokes are away of life with some of these guys, Myself included. I soon found out I had a serious situation on my hands, at least in the minds of the kids.

Seems a frog got down under the hole and got stuck trying to get out again. It was half out and half in. What to do? The kids were making all kinds of suggestions on how to remove the frog. All I could think of, Why me? After a few minutes of thought, and I mean a very few minutes. Come on its a frog. We pulled, no good. We poured water on it hoping the frog could wiggle its way out some how.

I finally convinced the kids if we just leave the frog alone and let him relax maybe he would be able to wiggle himself out. I told the kids everybody gets a Hole-in-One on this hole and move on to the next hole and I would check on froggy in the morning. After convincing the kids that caution tape around the hole was not needed. I did leave the flag laying across the tee area.


Well all's well that ends well. Saturday morning as we set up the course for the day we found Froggy wasn't there anymore. Thank Goodness. Thankfully the rest of the day was uneventful except for all the calls for animal control. Not Funny, Guys. 



Safe Travels and I Hope To See You Down The Road

No comments:

Post a Comment