Thursday, March 6, 2014

Confused


When planning a road trip its a pretty simple task. You know where your starting point is and you can find your ending point. Simply draw a line from point A to point B and you are done. If you plan on any side trips of course you just add these new destinations to your map. But what if you're not talking about a simple road trip. What if the road trip you are planning is the trip to getting on the road as a fulltime RV'er. What Then? 
I've done a years worth of research and forum reading. I've started the planning. We've even begun the purging of the house phase. We had several yard sales last year and plan more this year. But then winter came and everything kind of came to a dead stop. I know you can't do a lot of selling and purging when its freezing outside and snow is falling. I just feel like we have hit a brick wall and can't get started again. I guess its a state of mind. With spring just 21 days away I'm hoping we can jump start our progress again and be on the road before the end of the year.

I'm meeting with a realtor in about 3 weeks to see what's next as far as getting the house ready for the market. Hopefully it won't take much to get it in condition to sell. If the weather will warm up we might be able to work on the curb appeal soon. My plan for this spring and summer is to work on the house every other weekend and have yard sales on the off weekends to hopefully get rid of as much stuff as possible.

You know when you have a road map out and you try to fold it back the way it should be and it never works out so you just start to fold it any old way you can so you can shove in the glove box just to hide it. Well that's the way I'm feeling right now. I'm trying to work myself into a mindset that this will all come together in the end and work out the way I have planned. Right now I'm really confused and befuddled about the whole thing. I just hope its all a mind fog that will clear as the weather improves.

Here's hoping you don't find yourself fighting with your road map.



Safe Travels and I'll See You Down the Road


No comments:

Post a Comment